When you're trying to build your brand and connect with a local Boston audience, a video marketing campaign is hard to beat. And one of the best ways to get these videos out is Twitter. Here's what you need to know about why Twitter matters, and how you can use it effectively:
Why Twitter Matters For Your Boston Video Campaign
In 2015, Twitter introduced a new autoplay feature, making it even easier to share content with your audience. Removing an extra click proved to have immediate results. Here's the improvement shown by autoplay videos during Twitter's test runs:
- People preferred autoplay videos over twice as much as they did regular videos.
- Recall for content in autoplay videos improved 14% over non-autoplay videos.
- Promoted videos were completed seven times more when they played automatically.
Autoplay videos are easier to view, and clearly more popular. That means the key is to tailor your video campaign to work on Twitter.
If you want to reach people every time they're on Twitter, you need autoplay videos!
The Videos That Work Best on Twitter
Twitter allows autoplay videos to run up to 30 seconds, which means that you don't have much time to get your point across. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it's certainly one of the reasons that people are more likely to finish autoplay videos, and more likely to recall information from them.
Here are the types of videos you'll want to use on Twitter:
- Sneak peeks. An autoplay video is a perfect way to introduce something and whet someone's appetite. You'll be able to drum up a little interest, drop a couple interesting tidbits of information, and have them clamoring to follow-up for more information.
- How-to videos. 30 seconds is just enough time to walk someone through a simple task, or highlight one or two of your products or services best features. Once someone sees the initial value, they'll be happy to see what else you can do for them.
- Infographics. Animated charts and infographics are perfect for autoplay format. They quickly grab the viewer's attention, and you have just enough time to go through your data, and explain what it means to them.
Creating Twitter Videos That Get Results
If you want your videos to succeed, you need to make sure you follow best practices. One thing you want to do is focus on audio quality. Make sure it's soothing and simple at first, and doesn't jar the viewer. If it's loud or distracting, it could annoy users scrolling through Twitter, and turn them off of your brand.
You also need to make sure to provide a clear call-to-action. 30 seconds isn't long enough to convert sales, so you'll want to focus on moving viewers further along in the process. Usually, you'll want them to visit your website or check out other videos.
Making the perfect 30-second Twitter videos doesn't have to be rocket science!
If you're ready to see how Twitter videos can help your Boston video marketing campaign, make sure to reach out to us here at Blue Wave Marketing. We'll help you plan, implement, and track your entire campaign. You can contact us by visiting us at our website or calling us at 617-576-3100.