Planning a corporate event requires a lot of organization and planning. It takes more than simply creating a guest list and selecting a venue. When planning a corporate event, there is much more at stake than whether or not your guests enjoy themselves.
Here are some of the most important do's and don’ts of corporate event planning to help you meet all your set goals.
- Make sure that you stake out multiple locations for your event and are prepared for a Plan B because many venues get booked up to a year in advance.
- Give invitees plenty of notice for your event. Try to send out your invitations between 3-6 months in advance.
- Set up an organized RSVP system so that you know how many people are actually going to show up to your event.
- Add a personalized touch by sending a care package to each person who RSVP’d to your event.
- Spread the word about your event and circulate hype on different social media sites.
- Always include thank yous and feedback cards. Its very important that you show your attendees how grateful you are that they attended your event and get feedback from them so you can improve any future events.
- Don’t plan your event for a Friday or Monday because these days wont get you a high turnout.
- Don’t plan your event for vacation season. The best time to schedule an event is right after major holidays and vacations have ended.
- Don’t go over or under budget. Stay within your budget’s means. This means that you shouldn’t over decorate or skimp too much and make your company look broke.
- Don’t be afraid to delegate. Manage everything to your fullest and stay organized throughout the planning process.
With these tips, you are now on the track to throw your best corporate event yet.
Here at Blue Wave Marketing, we have over 20 years of event production experience that have allowed us provide our clients with the proper communication, content, and consistency required to create extraordinary events. We work hard to make each event unforgettable. If you believe Blue Wave Marketing is the right event production partner, we'd be happy to schedule a consultation with you. For more information, call us at 617-576-3100.